Tuesday, June 3, 2008

When God answers!


Our Father in heaven
Yes?
Don't bug me.  I'm Praying.
But you called Me.
I called You?
I didn't call you I'm Praying.
Our Father in heaven
You called Me again.
What?
You called me.
"Our Father in heaven"
Well, hear I am. What's on your mind?
But I didn't mean to.
I was, you know , saying my prayers today.
I always say the Lord's Prayer
It's what I always do
All right, go on.
Hallowed be your name
Hold on, what do you mean by that?
By what?
"Hallowed be your name"
It means... ahhh... umm...I don't know what it means.
How should I know it's just part of the prayer.
What does it mean?
It means Holy, Honored, Respected
Cool, that makes total sense.
Thanks.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Do you really mean that?
Sure, why not?
What are you doing about it?
I don't know.  Well, nothing I guess
I just thought it would be cool if you had control of everything down here like you have there. We are pretty messed up down here.
Yeah, I know.
but, do I have control over you?
I go to church
Thats not what I asked.
What about your temper?
I know you don't have that in line, and what about how
you spend your money, and the shows you watch on TV?
Hold on a second! Stop picking on me!  I'm as good as the other people in the church you know.
HEY!  I thought you were praying for MY will to be done?
If we are to see my will done it will have to start with the 
people who are praying for it.
like you.
Right... I guess i do have some stuff to work on.
Now that you said that I can think of some others too.
So could I.
I never really thought about it until now.  I would like to 
get rid of those problems.  I would like to really be Free!
Great!
We will work through it together. 
I'm proud of you
I should finish up here it is taking allot longer then usual
Give us today our daily bread
You need to cut out some the that bread.
you are overweight as it is
Hey! What gives? I am trying to say my prayers and you 
are bringing up my problems again.
Prayer is a dangerous thing, you might get what you asked for.
Remember you called me
Keep praying... well, go on
I don't know if I want to.
Why not?
I know what you're going to say.
Try me.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
What about Jeff?
I knew it! He has been spreading roomers about me!  I am going to get back at him!
What about your Prayer?
well... I... I didn't mean it
At least you're honest.
But holding onto that anger and resentment is a pretty heavy
load isn't it. 
Yes, but it will be gone and I will feel great as soon as I get even with him. He will wish he had never met me.
No, you will not feel be great, you will feel much worse.
Revenge is not sweet.
I know you're angry but I can change that.
Really, how?
Forgive him.
Forgive Jeff and the sin and anger will be his problem, not yours.
You will have settle the problem on your end.
You're right, like usual.
I do want to he right with you after all.
All right,  I forgive him.
How do you feel?
Well... I actually feel really good.
You know I will get to go to bed happy tonight. I haven't been getting much rest lately.
I know.
You are not done with the pryer yet. Continue
Right,
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
Great, I will do that.
Just don't put yourself in a place to be tempted.
What do you mean?
You know what I mean.
Finish your prayer.
For yours is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory
forever Amen
Do you know what brings me Glory?
What would really make me happy?
No, but I would like to know.  I really want to please you.
I have messed up so many things, and I want to truly 
follow you. I can see how great it is, so please tell me
how to make you happy?
You Just did.


No comments: